Saturday, April 11, 2015

Saturday Paddle

Today I paddled at Harris Lake using the map from the Bushwhack Adventure Race 09?

Paddled about 14km in 3hr15min  with several breaks to stretch the legs and shake out the arms.

Saw these guys out sunning on a downed tree. I forgot to wear sunscreen and I got burned even though it was only 75 degrees out. I wore my new Swiftwick Aspire Twelve socks. I plan to wear these for the race to protect my shins from the briars.
Bumps on a log!





Here is a picture of my new compasses. The one on the right is a Suunto Arrow 6 thumb compass made especially for orienteering. I will use it for the first time tomorrow at the Raven Rock O-meet. The one on the left is a Silva Starter for general use during the race.


How did they know I was going to cross here?



No comments:

Post a Comment