Monday, April 13, 2015

Sunday O-Course at Raven Rock

Jinyoung and I attended the BOK O-course yesterday at Raven Rock State Park. We got there about 11:30, registered, got 2 maps and started the long (red) course at 11:52. The weather was perfect, the terrain was hilly and in places the vegetation was thick, especially the laurel on the steep slopes lining most creeks.

I broke in my new Salomon trail shoes, they worked well buy still need to stretch our more for better comfort. Just in case, I carried my old shoes in my backpack just in case. We managed to find all 17 checkpoints in order without getting lost. My new thumb compass worked great. I don't know why I never used one before.

We finished the course in 2hr16min. We walked the course - no running. Results should be posted on the BOK website in a few days.
http://backwoodsok.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment