Saturday, April 4, 2015

We're Baaaack!!!

After two years off, the Turtles have risen from hibernation and are planning to enter 3 teams in the Uwharrie 18 Adventure Race on June 6, only 9 weeks away! My next series of posts will detail my efforts to prepare.

Today I fixed my bike computer and set it to metric since most of our discussions about about distance will be in meters and kilometers.

Based on past history, our rough travel rates are:
Hiking (On Trail) 12-15 minutes per kilometer
Hiking (Day) 15-20 minutes per kilometer
Hiking (Night) 20-30 minutes per kilometer
Biking 3-5 minutes per kilometer
Paddling (Flatwater) 12-15 minutes per kilometer

I fixed my trusty crank brothers multi-tool - hope we don't need this during the race.

I ordered a new pair of Solomon XA Pro 3D shoes since my old ones are worn out.

I need to order a new compass because my last one went haywire at my last orienteering event.

Tomorrow a 3-4 hour easy ride to get some saddle time.

No comments:

Post a Comment